Any MNW student that has taken an FCS class is invited to become an FCCLA member. We meet once a month during intervention. It's a great way to meet new friends, to grow as a person and to do things for others. You will also get the opportunity to meet members from across the U.S. by attending district, state and national events.
2016-17 MNW FCCLA Officers
President: Macey Lewis
Vice-President: Hailey Lewis
Secretary: Ashley McLuckie
Treasurer: Savannah Shultz
Publicity: Andrea Lamphier
- Jr. High Haunted Hallway and Halloween Dance
- Decorate Halloween Cookies for the Cougar Cafe
- National FCCLA Cluster meeting in Denver,
- Sell Christmas Grams
- Sell Yuda bands to help end poverty in Guatemala
- Conduct a Pasta Supper fundraiser
- FCCLA Week activities
- Girls Night Out lock in
- Sade Hawkins Middle School dance
- Attend the FCCLA State Leadership Conference
The Cougar Cafe is open every Friday morning from 7:30-8:20 in the MNW library, serving smoothies, hot chocolate and a variety of baked goods.
|Mission of FCCLA:|
to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
Purposes of FCCLA:
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.
District Meeting 2016 Pictures
Tying quilts to be donated to Trinity Regional
Making thank you cards for our police officers